Traffic Exchange

Sunday 8 September 2013
Share/Bookmark

About Today: Don't Know Much About... Geography


About


My navigational skills are so bad that whenever we're lost, my friends ask me which way to go and then head in the opposite direction.

Finding Your Way Around
After the time we went into the park on the east side and walked through it to the west side -- except when we walked out it was still the east side -- my mom recommended that I learn how to read a map. Then she told me to read this article about GPS but instead I accidentally read an article about a woman whose GPS directed her into the middle of Death Valley where she was stranded for three days, and I decided I was better off staying at home.


Search Related Topics:  cartography  understanding maps 

The 7 Ancient and Modern Wonders of the World
Since I'll be at home for a while, I decided to start reading about all the awesome stuff I'm missing. This article even has pictures of the 7 wonders. Who needs to go outside?


Search Related Topics:  basic geography  seven wonders 

How Many Countries Are There?
This might seem like a pretty straightforward question, but surprisingly, the answer isn't exactly clearcut. There are probably 196, but you might want to count for yourself.


Search Related Topics:  number of countries  political geography  countries

Quiz: Test Your Geography Smarts
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question: A primate city is a city full of monkeys. True or False?


Search Related Topics:  geography quiz  geography quizzes 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
3D Copying Technology
How to Ship or Transport Cremated Human Remains
VIDEO: Common Mistakes Made by New Cat Owners
Rugosodon: Mesozoic Mammal with Flexible Ankles
British English: 20 Words Yanks Might Confuse
Oozles and Foozles

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement
HitLeap - Traffic Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment